Friday, May 22, 2009

Home | Charlie Crist for United States Senate 2010

Standing on my record of service, I humbly ask for your support as we begin this great endeavor. Throughout my career in public service, protecting Floridians has been my top priority. I have fought to keep criminals off the streets and away from our children. In the State Senate, I fought for legislation that requires criminals to serve 85 percent of their sentences, as Attorney General I pushed through the Jessica Lunsford Act and successfully defended Megan’s Law, and then in my first months as Governor, I signed legislation that requires brutal felony offenders who violate probation to return to jail.

We’ve made great strides in protecting Floridians’ safety, but we’ve also worked to protect their health and well-being. I signed into law a nationally recognized, market-based health care program to provide low cost health insurance for nearly four million uninsured Floridians. We took historic measures to reform property taxes and property insurance, keeping more Floridians in their homes. We’ve seen Florida’s excellence in education continue to increase, with Florida earning a top-ten ranking in education last year, and coming closer than ever to closing the achievement gap with more students graduating from high school and attending our state’s excellent colleges and universities. We’ve safeguarded our environment by working to preserve Florida’s Everglades, reduce dependence on foreign oil and mitigate the effects of global climate change, putting Florida at the forefront of movement towards green energy. Finally, we’ve safeguarded Florida’s business climate, standing on conservative values to keeping taxes low for families and business, and as a result we’ve maintained a business climate that encourages companies to locate and expand in the Sunshine State.
Home | Charlie Crist for United States Senate 2010

No comments: